Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Ambition



I want to park my grandfather's lounge chair under the cool shade of the mangosteen tree like Basheer, drink endless black coffee while smirking at the hot sun, smoke cigarettes when I feel like without the anti cigarette movement pouncing on me and write down all the absurdities that occupy the mind.

I want a pristine Yamaha RD350 high torque and a long long runway for a day, a pitcher of cold beer when temperature is at its highest, A good movie to watch and lose myself to the hugs of my children.

End the day sitting near the feet of my parents, toasting to their health with my siblings. Get drunk on family and the best dark rum enterprise could throw my way, devour a spicy biriyani like it's the last in the world and spend the night in the arms of the woman I love, in the arms of the woman I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment